[TRLog] Keyer Challenge

Nick Kennedy nkennedy@cswnet.com
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:55:54 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: D. R. Evans <N7DR@sff.net>
To: trlog@contesting.com <trlog@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [TRLog] Keyer Challenge

D.R. Evans wrote:

At the risk of being somewhat negative, I have to intrude and say that I
don't like this idea one little bit.

TR has some nice features for personalizing the way that some characters
and strings are sent, and I'd really, really hate to lose that. Listen to
me call CQ sometime (just before you call me :-) ) You'll perhaps notice
that N7DR is send with a slight extra space between the 7 and the D, and
the dash on the D is slightly longer than normal.

I'm with you--

Being able to customize the keyer is great, plus it sounds good even if you
haven't tinkered with it.  The keyer is one of the best features of TR-Log.

Nick, WA5BDU

P.S. While I'm at it:  When I type in a new frequency (band) in the call
window, the program turns off the RIT.  Could this be eliminated?  I like
setting the offset to zero after each QSO, but I'd like to leave the RIT
enabled always.