[TRLog] Names list in POST

Clive Whelan Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:42:09 -0500

Hi List

I am in some difficulty creating a names list for incorporation into TRMASTER.DTA. I have created a simple two column list with CALL and NAME as the parameters pr
eceded by a FORMAT 1 2 statement. However whether I do this in Notepad , Wordpad, or a WP ( saving as ASCII) the names are randomly out of synch by one character
( first letter sometimes truncated), when imported.

Visually the names are all lined up beginning at column 11 and I am using Courier non proportional font, having used the tab key to create the columns.

I must be missing summat, but can't think what.

Further, would it not be a lot simpler and more elegant to have the data delimited by a comma to avoid such difficulties?

Lastly I wonder if I am trying to reinvent the wheel?(!) I wonder if any of you FOCers out there know if there is an electronic names list in existence anywhere?

Advice appreciated.

73
Clive
GW3NJW