[TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V1 #267

VR98BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 07:36:21 +0000

Having suggested that in CQ mode if only a "?" character in the call
window were deleted & the program skipped the call okay now bit, N6ZZ asked:

>I'm interested in how other TRLog users feel about this....and whether the
>process that follows the removal of a question mark from the callsign box
>should be changed.

Like Phil, I don't seem to get to run as much as I'd like, but unlike Phil,
when I do things are so slow that my call okay now message sends the full
call... which helps folks on the other end be sure I haven't busted
anything, but more importantly keeps the duty cycle up there for the cat
(which
hibernates on the amp power supplies each winter).

Perhaps someday when I make real radiosportsman grade, I'll run often &
fast enough that a change like the one Phil describes will become important
to me.

What I do find annoying now is that on the rare occasion when I'm running &
can try the tailend key, the question mark character key isn't recognized.
Presumably, real radiosportsmen get the tailender's call in full the first
time & have no need for question marks... ;^)

73, VR98BrettGraham