[TRLog] TRlog and palmtops?

Bob Wolbert k6xx@jps.net
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:37:15 -0800

I have used the HP-200LX (2MB) for CQWW CW, with rig control and keying
from the serial port.

It works, but every once-in-a-while, a long pause occurs that messes up
the keying. This probably has something to do with the hardware power
conservation of the 200LX. Running a minimal TR configuration (no
database, no rig control, etc.) does not solve the pause problem.

Super check partial works, but is a bit slow.

You must run the 200 in regular DOS mode, with minimal/no TSRs.

I tried running from a SRAM card as well as from the internal SRAM
disk--neither configuration solved the sporadic pause problem. My final
configuration was with the name database and the overlays loaded on the
card, and TR.EXE and the log on the internal drive.

Final note: Tree has compiled a version for 8086 processors; it is
available on the BBS. You MUST use this version with the '200LX.

73 de Bob,
K6XX