[TRLog] OT's 'last word'

swca@ionet.net swca@ionet.net
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:25:39 -0600 (CST)

Tree,

Should I be happy or sad about the mass of comments "OT's 2 cents" has
generated?  I take it you can tell where *I* am coming from at least, since
you and I go back a real long ways.  My good natured ribbing in born of
respect and a friendship of over 25 years.

I also think it's a poor workman who blames his tools, but I strive to use
the best tools I can.  I am glad you have always been so responsive to my
comments even when you don't like to hear them or when I'm wrong.  I am also
glad you stand by me even when I AM wrong.  I remember suggesting a library
of exchange data in memory back in 1986.  I remember you telling me what a
bad idea it was.  Every time I use the program I am tickled by this.  Far be
it for me to be too picky about the details of its implementation.

This has been a very stimulating discussion and the vehemence of some of the
comments show NOT what a bunch of tactless slothes we all are, but rather
the unchecked enthusiasm with which we embrace our particular favorite sport!

Keep up the good work.  Thanks again for sharing it with your competitors.

Mark