[TRLog] "OT's Bug" vs. the "Name Feature"

Jastaples@aol.com Jastaples@aol.com
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 01:22:48 EST

After the plethora of recent contests featuring the "name" as part of the
exchange, I can understand the apparent concern about the inability of TR to
change it's database on the fly. However, it does seem that taking into
account the rather limited duration of these contests (4 to 10 hours) one
might be expected to actually copy the exchange being sent... even if
occasionally it means "re"correcting the exchange that happily reappears on
the screen.

Actually, even at my somewhat advanced age, I often remember the names I've
had to correct a bit earlier and am well into the requisite change as it's
being sent. (I'm really getting rather quick on some of 'em like Ed/Ward,
Hose/Steve, Ralph/Gator, etc.)

I only mention this to suggest that the presence of a massive database should
not be an excuse to become lax as operators.... otherwise where's the fun ?

Joe, W5ASP