[TRLog] bandmap questions

D. R. Evans n7dr@lucent.com
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:18:59 -0700

On 26 Feb 98 at 9:51, Paul Erickson wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone else found that the bandmap times out too
> quickly. In the qrp catagory where I run most of the time, I
> frequently will come across a station that I will want to go back to
> in a couple of hours when the propagation will be right between us.
> With the current configuration if I don't go back to renew, the spot
> will be lost.
>
> Tree, would it be possible to make the timeout period user
> adjustable? Also, will it ever be possible to allow using the cursor
> keys for the bandmap in the two rig mode?

I asked Tree oooh, a long time ago now, to make all the times of the
colour-changes in the bandmap (and, by implication, the final
disappearance from the map) user-definable. I forget exactly what he
said (if anything; although I have it in my mind that he responded
negaitvely), but in any case I concluded from the fact that no change
was ever made that he didn't like the idea, or simply didn't think
the effort of coding it worthwhile.

Maybe if enough people ask....

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                       N7DR@sff.net
                                           N7DR@lucent.com