[TRLog] 6.19 Features/Deifferences

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 11:24:29 -0600 (CST)

Tom Delker writes:

>I noticed that the Control J menu selection "times out" and reverts back
>to operating mode after a SHORT amount of time.  Feature or Bug?

New feature:

>From the release notes:
- There is now a 20 second timeout when using the multi network and you
   leave the computer in a mode that doesn't allow it to process network
   traffice (i.e., packet window, keyboard CW or view log).

>Setting "BROADCAST ALL PACKET DATA = FALSE" gives a syntax error when
>control J menu and saved it with the same results.  I dont have any
>other packet functions enable, was just wanting to make sure the program
>wasnt "trying" to send any packet info.  Should I even worry about
>this?  It is normally set to "TRUE".

This setting is only used to control the packet flow
between multiple computers.  If you are trying to stop
packet stuff being sent to a tnc then just don't enable
any packet ports.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount