[TRLog] Cyrix 6x86 problems - more details

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 19:12:36 EST

On Fri, 16 Jan 98 23:50:33 +0100 ok1rr@gw.ok0ncg.ampr.org writes:
>From: ok1rr@ok0ncg.#boh.cze.eu
>To: trlog@contesting.com
>
>Of course, I am startin the TR Log without GIU, from the "DOS" which
>comes
>with Win95 - not from the DOS shell. Unfortunately, I cannot boot from
>any
>other MS-DOS (or other DOS) bootable diskette because this does not
>support
>the 32bit FAT. Then my 4 gigs bootable disk seems to be invisible...
>Again, the TR Log is located on another drive with 16bit FAT. I tried
>move the TR directory to the bootable disk, fruitless. The problem
>remains,
>I guess I tried all the possible tricks. Something forgotten?
>                                             73 Martin, OK1RR
>

>                                                 73 Martin, OK1RR

I am not really an expert on this subject, but I have heard
that enabling FAT 32 in WIN 95 OSR2 can cause all kinds of
strange problems in certain applications. If you are not
too pressed for hard drive space, you might consider
switching over to FAT 16, and partitioning the 4GB hard
drive into two 2GB partitions, one of which is the boot
drive.

I hope to have my Cyrix MMX-200 with 64 MB RAM by next
week. Will advise how it works.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com