[TRLog] dvp crash

k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:07:56 -0600 (CST)

Mike KC7V Wrote:

> I set up to use the dvp board.  The tsr I'm using is version 1.03.  After
> 11 qsos, the program locked up and I had to reboot my machine.  It happened
> again so finally I ran the program without dvp.
> Anyone else experience this and if so how did you fix the problem?

I had TR lock up on me about 4 times during the NAQP, using the DVP.
I could not re-produce the problem, and it appeared to be random.

All of the ASCII characters would disappear from the screen, although
the blue & purple "windows" were still visible -- background only.

I would type Alt-X, hear the bell (are u sure) and type Y, then
another bell (contest over?) and type N and then restart.  All the
while looking at essentially a blank screen, except for the backgrounds.

Am using the DVP same as always, starting TR from a batch file which
loads and unloads DVPTSR on start/exit.  DOS 7 mode, same as always.

One time it locked up so bad that only a hardware reset got me going
again.  Logged on a pad while waiting for it to all reset, then typed
like mad to try to catch up, while still working folks.

-Kirk  K4RO