[TRLog] Packet es TR Rig control

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:18:30 -0800 (PST)

> >I thought they did go to the bandmap.  Can't you do a big SH/DX/50 to
> >load up the band map?
>
> I just tried a "SH/D/20 160" and the bandmap on TR Log 6.20 loaded up just
> fine. It even put the "*" alongside the stations I had already worked.
>
> Yes, the format is different for a normal DX spot and a "SHOW/DX" command.
> But TR Log 6.20 seems to handle both. Maybe it got fixed in a recent upgrade.

Yes - there was some work done and many issues like this were fixed
back in version 6.13 with another bug fix in 6.15.  The whole packet
section was reorganized and went through with a fine tooth comb for
6.13.  Any issues with previous versions are probably not relevant.

Also, someone mentioned not being able to add notes to the outgoing
packet spots.  This is a selectable Control-J option.  PACKET SPOT
EDIT ENABLE is the parameter.

I am thinking about either making the Control-J menu a lot smarter
and doing things like not showing you the ICOM REPSONSE TIMEOUT if
you don't have any ICOM radios interfaced and the like.  Also, if
you are on SSB, it won't show you things like AUTO START SEND
CHARACTER COUNT and WEIGHT.  Maybe there should be another Control-J
menu that only has items on it that you select, so the stuff you
normally don't care about isn't listed.

I am sorry I haven't been able to address all of the specifics as
my wife was away this weekend having a "contest makeup weekend", so
I was home with the kids.  Hope to start catching up soon.

Meanwhile, it is great to see others helping by contributing their
experiences.  This really helps!!

73 Tree