[TRLog] USB and cards

Dave_K9NX n7ex@athenet.net
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 03:03:43 +0000

At 06:45 PM 7/15/98 -0700, Tree  N6TR wrote:
>>  My qaundry is that I'd like to add a second radio  (COM 5), and an Audio
>> card. both of which need dedicated IRQ's if they are to operate ALL the
>> time in parallel with the other ports without conflict. I could free up IRQ
>> 15 but I'd rather not as this is the "backup hard drive" . And I guess I
<SNIP>

>TR doesn't care about IRQs - so you could add COM5 and COM6 and just
>not hook up their IRQs.

Tree

While TRLog is the ONLY contest software  (except for RTTY) that I use and
it doesnt care about IRQ's.I think the problem here would be that the PLUG
and Play bios and WIN98,  WOULD care and would register another card as a
conflict with often unpredictable results. Also  I use the computer to run
the hamshack the rest of the time with other windows based software for
many  of the other tasks including logging, packet spotting etc, not just
contests. Things are a lot cleaner if I can solve this in Hardware not
software.

Dave K9NX