No subject

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:12:43 -0400
To: trlog@contesting.com
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TRLog] Re: Optocouplers

At 08:38 AM 7/29/98 CDT, Wayne wrote:

>I have used both 4n33's and til119's with no problems
>noted.  Both times I just added them to my homebrew interface
>pc board so that everything would be in one box.

Anyone else had any problem with optos not keying the VOX on their rigs,
but keying the CW just fine?  That's what happens on my TS-930 --
fortunately I also use TR's PTT function to avoid hot-switching my amp, and
that works fine.

I would like to be able to use DX4WIN's CW keyboard, though, which does not
have the PTT function.  I'm guessing that this problem is like some of the
early solid-state keying circuits, that wouldn't key some rigs because they
didn't pull the key line all the way to zero.  I'm purely a cookbook
technician, and would appreciate any ready-made wisdom as to how to fix
such a problem.

Thanks!

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia