[TRLog] Packet 9600bd

Gunnar Widell (ERA) Gunnar.Widell@era.ericsson.se
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:39:40 +0200

Hi,

I have always had problems with the packet interface and TR.
I've always been able to solve it before the contests, but never
remembered what it was until it's time again.

In the manual on page 39, Packet Interface it says:
You can also specify other baud rates up to 9600 baud.

That probably means 1200-4800 and NOT 9600 bd.

On page 69 on:
PACKET BAUD RATE			Values: 1200, 2400 or 4800
Default: 2400

I normally have my interface at 9600bd or 19200bd, since we are running
at 9600bd on the air interface.
When I put my TNC at 4800bd and the PACKET BAUD RATE parameter to the
same, everything works fine.

Maybe someone else have had this problem.
Just wanted to share my experience...

By the way:
Don't forget the TOEC Grid Contest this weekend.
TR supports this contest, choose TOEC. This weekend SSB.
RST + Grid Field/Square identifier, i.e. 599 JP73 (two letters (Grid
Field)+ two figures (Grid Square))
Rules at this page:
http://www.algonet.se/~jonit/toec/grid.htm

73 de Gus, SM3SGP