[TRLog] Serial Card Multi I/O MULTI IRQ

Gilbert Baron gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 01:59:30 GMT

>On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:31:26 -0700, you wrote:

>The question is...Since TR can access cards by the I/O address, can a card
>be put in a system without assigning it an interrupt? I have a system that
>is basically full. If I could not use an IRQ, I wonder if it would work.
>This is, of course, in DOS and only because TR can access ports by address
>as it does not care about IRQ.

If you have a PCI system redo your configuration and set up your bios
to allow pci cards to use only one interrupt. PCI CAN share interrupts
and you can save a lot of them this way. It is the default that they
don't but you can force it.
If you need an interrupt for your card there is no way you can run
without it and if it is an ISA card you cannot share it.

--
Gil Baron W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/4168/
Bailar es vivir"  44:04.932 N 92:30.769 W 1072.5' 325 M