[TRLog] 1p own continent, 2p another - how?

Juhan Poldvere juhan@chem.ut.ee
Thu, 14 May 1998 15:40:02 +0300 (EET)

Hi Tree and the gang,

Re the Baltic Contest and 1 point for my continent/2 for another, Tree thought:

> > Another way could be to modify QSO POINTS DX CW or QSO POINTS DX PHONE to
> > interpret DX as such and not as non-domestic.
>
> I think this is your best approach, or send me the rules and maybe I
> will add it - assuming it isn't too hard.

I am not so sure about it any more. Some additional testing indicates I am
not quite at home with domestic matters. Seems to me:

No QSO gets interpreted as a QSO with a domestic country unless LOGCFG.DAT
EXCHANGE RECEIVED = statement contains the words "DOMESTIC QTH" and a received
domestic QTH is actually logged (either as received by the operator or through
some initial exchange mechanism), right? No domestic QSO point credit will be
given if I have EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QSO NUMBER, even though the country
in question (say, LY) has been added to the list of domestic countries by
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = CLEAR
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = ES
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = LY
ADD DOMESTIC COUNTRY = YL

When EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QSO NUMBER AND POSSIBLE DOMESTIC QTH, the QSO
gets domestic point credit only if a QTH is logged too. If there is no QTH,
the points will be as per QSO POINTS DX CWorPHONE (if present in LOGCFG.DAT),
or as per the active QSO POINT METHOD.

Well, the rules for the Baltic Contest
(full rules at http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/baltic.htm):
3. Period:   From 2100z May 23, 1998 till 0200z May 24, 1998.
4. Section:
       * A - Single Operator, CW/SSB
       * B - Single Operator, CW
       * C - Single Operator, SSB
       * D - Multi Operator, Single TX
       * E - SWL
5. Frequencies:
    CW (3510-3600 kHz), SSB (3600-3650 and 3700-3750 kHz).
6. Contest call:
    CW - TEST BC, SSB - CQ Baltic Contest
7. Exchange:
    RS(T) and serial number starting from 001.
    Each station may be worked once in SSB and once in CW.
8. Scoring:
    For participants in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania each QSO with
    Europe counts one (1) point and QSO with another continent counts
    two (2) points.

    For participants in Europe each QSO with Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
    counts ten (10) points, each QSO with other participants counts one
    (1) point.

    For participants outside Europe each QSO with Estonia, Latvia,
    Lithuania counts twenty (20) points, each QSO with other
    participants counts one (1) point.

9. Final Score:
    The sum of QSO points (no multiplier, no duplicate QSO).
Tree, don't you think that adding a specific QSO point method for each and
every contest puts too much burden on you. And I can't guarantee that the
rules won't change every now and then.

Have fun & gl@Dayton.
--
Juhan Poldvere, ES5QX                            ! Internet : juhan@chem.ut.ee
University of Tartu, Dept. of Chemistry          ! voice    : +(372)7-465256