[TRLog] Auto CQ Loop

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Fri, 22 May 1998 11:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

> (1) About 33% of the time, when using AUTO CQ, the next CQ sequence
> starts immediately after the last one, ignoring the 6 second delay I
> have set...???

SSB or CW?

> (2) Somewhat related during the AUTO CQ process is that the information
> window (below EXCHANGE WINDOW that shows "..pgup/pgdn to change
> delay...etc") will disappear, maybe change to show somekind of freq
> display, then gooble-gook, maybe show half the sentence, then settle
> down....??

Sounds like you have a radio interfaced?  Perhaps I left some kind of
debug message in there?

> (3) During AUTO CQ: sometimes the mode will flip-flop back and forth
> between 20M CW and  20M NonSSB and so on........the freq display might
> then show most any kind of number.....??

Sounds like the radio and computer aren't talking very well.  What
kind of radio do you have interfaced?

> (4) Entering a call with a known NAME may or may not display the NAME or
> QTH when using CQ EXCH NAME.....In testing, if you enter the same call
> two times in a row (ie, simulate a QSO, then delete it with Alt Y , then
> re-enter the same call..etc) it will not find the name the first time
> but will always find the name the 2nd time...???

There are some places where I don't display the name if it is the same
callsign as the last time I put up a name.  Perhaps there are a few
of these where the name got erased.   This shouldn't be a problem during
normal operation.

> Could be that 1 thru 3 above is just RF interference between
> radio(IC765) and/or PC and/or the radio-to-PC interface?.....Or it is
> all related to communications difficulties between 765 and TR Log??

Ahha!  The IC765 and TR aren't talking to each other very well.  N7TR
is sending me one and I hope to have some improvements soon.

Tree