[TRLog] IC-706 MkII and TR Log

Bob Hightower ki7mn@extremezone.com
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 17:42:45 +0000

Thanks to all for the many replies I got to my question about the interface
with the IC-706 MkII. Each one had a nugget in it that finally led me to
get it working. Had to first get onto a DOS machine, then check to see that
the correct port was enabled and addressed. Then, found out that the
2n2222a in a TO-18 (metal) case wouldn't cut it. Went to the plastic TO-92
case, and it cooked right off.

Once again, thanks, and I hope to see you in SS. I'll be operating
semi-mobile (going to the Socorro, NM hamfest) at 5 watts. Will wait until
after SS to tackle the parallel interface for complete control of the rig.
72,73
Bob Hightower KI7MN

http://www.extremezone.com/~ki7mn