[TRLog] Alt-D problem

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro@k4ro.net
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 00:59:17 -0600 (CST)

I haven't seen the original posting, but I assume the following is
regarding 6.32 locking up when using Alt-D to dupe check on the
second radio.  I had this frustrating lockup occur several times
in CW SS.

I started with a clean directory, nothing but LOGCFG.DAT in there.
Once was I was able to make the lockup happen was as follows:

- put call in CQ radio window

- Alt-D to check a call on S&P radio, hit enter.
  Now back on run radio.

- Alt-R back to S&P radio instead of hitting space bar, because
  wish to use paddles to send something..  Zap - lockup & reboot time.
  There go the paddles too... :-(

> So - when this Alt-D problem occurs - does the program actually hang, or
> is it just that the computer continues to make some noise?

The program definately hung.  It was time for the paper pad.
The one real problem was that if you were using the paddle port,
you could NOT SEND CW until you were back into the program.
I lost a few QSOs as a result.

> Did everyone who saw this have their computer monitor speaker sending CW?

No.  I had CW TONE and PADDLE MONITOR TONE at 0.

-Kirk  K4RO