[TRLog] Band Changes

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:19:44 -0600

I'm sending this to the reflector because I am sure I have about
used up my $15 worth of support asking Tree and George questions
that I should have found the answers to easily in the
manual....in spite of having read the manual till I've resigned
myself to reading it at lunchtime.

Anyway.....

Sometime late Saturday night/Sunday morning before my first big
(sleep!!!!!) break, more often than not, tuning and typing with
my right hand (worked you, worked you, worked you...uh...type,
type, type...worked you, worked you, etc.), with my forehead on
the desktop.  I know my awareness and snap were not operating at
the peak level they usually are, but did I see the rate window
change to band changes when I changed bands?  Or did I dream it?
I never could make it show up when I wanted it to.  I even tried
it a while ago and could not make it happen.

Is there a command to use to call that window up?

Also,

Midway through the contest someone called me (I was CQ'ing).
Sofware said he was a dupe and the QSO Before message went out to
tell him so.  He paused, then he said I wasn't in his log and
that we should work.  Interestingly, I found that I was able to
send the exchange and log him...even though he was a dupe.  What
did I do to make that happen?  I was initially at a loss until I
tried to type his call in then hit return.  I was surprised that
the cursor went to the exchange field and didn't send QSO before
message like it did when he first called me.

Wha' happened?

thanks and 73,
Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org