[TRLog] DVK Msg Question

Leeson leeson@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 19:13:56 -0800

Yo, Tree

I'll be using a DVK for SS SSB.  I'm exploring the various messages that
can be programmed if desired.

For example, in CQ Mode I can get TR to send the exchange message DVK2
(less the serial number, which I have to add before pushing the return
key) and the QSL message DVK3, by setting

Alt-P
2 = DVK2

Alt-P
4 = DVK4

But I have some holes in my understanding of what message is sent when.
Here's a summary of what I know and what I'd like to find out:

CQ Mode:

When                      Key       Sends    Notes

Call Window empty         <CR>      C-F1     Repeats until call in
                                             window
Call in Call Window       <CR>      0-2      Opens Exch. Window
Type in exch.             <CR>      0-4      Logs QSO in LOG.TMP

S&P Mode:

Call Window empty      Space Bar    E-F1
Call in Call Window       <CR>       ??      Opens Exch. Window
Type in exch.             <CR>      0-8      Logs QSO in LOG.TMP

Alt-D Mode:

                          Alt-D              Type in call
                          <CR>               Loads QSO ready to go
                       Space Bar     ??      Swaps radio, puts in call,
                                             Exch. Window is QRV
Type in exch.             <CR>      O-8      Logs QSO in LOG.TMP

I probably won't use all the memory calls, but I'd like to be able to
program them if I want them.  The only messages I haven't been able to
locate to program in my call (= DVK4) are (a) the message that gets sent
in S&P when there is already a call in the Call Window and (b) the
message that gets sent when you hit the Space Bar with an Alt-D QSO
loaded and ready.

How do I make these two messages = DVK4 in LOGCFG.DAT or Alp-P?

Also, would like to program a message that does the following:

Jumps to inactive radio, sends call, switches to that radio AND to S&P
if type in Call Window, but otherwise jumps back to CQ Mode on original
radio and sends CQ.  The closest I can come is to program an Alt-P CQ
memory (say C-F8)

Ctrl-P Ctrl-C SWAPRADIOS Ctrl-P Ctrl-D Ctrl-P Ctrl-C SAPMODE Ctrl-P
Ctrl-D DVK4,

which sends the call on the other radio and switches to S&P, then use
the same key in Exchange Memory (Alp-P, E-F8)

Ctrl-P Ctrl-C SWAPRADIOS Ctrl-P Ctrl-D Ctrl-P Ctrl-C CQMODE Ctrl-P
Ctrl-D DVK1

to get back.  Is there another simpler way?

Thanks for all, ur a genius and a hero, but don't let that go to ur
head!

73 de Dave, W6NL