[TRLog] Audio Interface

Tim Gennett tegennett@SMLY-01.HFS.PURDUE.EDU
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:06:17 +0000

I am hoping to use the Sound Blaster Digital Voice software (SBDVP)
for SS this weekend.

I've installed it and it seems to work well with TR and with the
computer.  What I hear from the computer's speakers is fine.  But,
the audio interface to the rig is a problem.  From signal reports I
have gotten in testing, there is either no intelligible audio or a
"chirping" sound.

Is this an impedence mismatch between the sound card (impedence
unknown, but I would guess 8 ohms) and the Kenwood 450 rig (which
uses a 600 ohm mic)?  Any suggestion on how to make the interface
successful?  Would I benefit from an isolation transformer?  I don't
hear any hum.  I get the same result, whether I feed the audio from
the computer to the front mic jack or the back accessory jack.

Never afraid to show my ignorance.....

de K9WX