[TRLog] 6.31 & EU SPRINT

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 06:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

> > Besides the problem with the garbage shows up with SPRINT in version
> > 6.31 if you only enter name.
>
> I just tried it - and yes I get garbage for about half of the
> names I try to enter. I did notice that it seems to only happen with
> names that are 3 letters or less in length - I bet this has something to
> do with the new parsing rules that Tree tried to add recently.
>
> We will look into it.

Actually, I noticed this when I made my first QSO in the EU Sprint
(I made about 20).  The problem is solved for the next release.  When
the routine was modified, it didn't take only have 2 entries into
account.  However, there is another problem...  if you are in Europe
and work someone in W/VE, the program will expect you to enter a
state/province.

I guess I will have to add another contest (can I make it to 100 before
I die?).

73 Tree