[TRLog] RTT ON TRLOG

VR98BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 02:20:05 +0000

AL7L wrote:

 Those of us who are patiently waiting for Tree to incorporate a really
 whiz-bang RTTY generator and support for the increasingly popular RTTY
 contest mode don't think Tim& Alaine Hemming have asked a particularly dumb
 question.  The CQ WW RTTY contest has five bands rocking and rolling this
 weekend, and none of those folks are operating the best contest software
 made, because it doesn't support the mode. Tree?

I have CQ WW RTTY working reasonably well with TR - just start with CQ WW
& then tweak LOGCFG.DAT a bit... works okay except that it always keeps
trying to count country & zone as a new mult for every "W" I work.

POST L M doesn't work right either - saying "too many mults".

I run TR for logging & YAPP for talking to the TNC under DESQview for RTTY
contests.  Starting with 6.30 (the last RTTY contest I worked was the S5 DX
a few weeks ago, with 6.29 I believe) TR & DESQview do NOT get along.  I had
numerous crashes & completely lost at least one bit of the log.  That was on
a 386 running DOS 6.22 & SMARTDRV double-buffering for a SCSI hard disk.
Switching over to a K6 running DOS 6.22 & no SMARTDRV seemed improve things.
Unfortunately, the K6 has a dead CPU fan & it got as high as 35C in the shack,
so it just wasn't my weekend...

73, VR98BrettGraham