[TRLog] Band Map Scanning

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:28:26 -0500

The proposal for a second column just for mults would nullify one of
the uses of the band map ... eg, have I listened to every spot. Having
some of the calls off to the side would make this impossible. It would
be better to have a function to move to the first(next) unworked
station or first(next) unworked multiplier in the bandmap.

My proposal for an extended "band map mode"

After I hit a ctrl-end to get into the band map, could there be single
commands to exercise directly from the band map:

ONLY CTRL-END EXITS BAND MAP CONTROL = TRUE

   Ctrl-end works like a toggle. When in band map mode, after
completing a qso, a second enter repeats the last ctrl-arrow command.

ONLY CTRL-END EXITS BAND MAP CONTROL = FALSE

   Ctrl-end puts you into the band map mode. Working a station takes
you out of it

Ctrl-end -- Places radio in band map mode and goes to S&P (including
            if toggling in.  See mode options above. If toggling out,
            returns to prior state.)

            Repeats last Ctrl arrow command under Ctrl-end if that
            radio has not changed band/mode. Otherwise does what it
            does now. Ctrl-end toggles out of band map mode if ONLY
            CTRL-END EXITS BAND MAP MODE = TRUE

Ctrl-right  --  change frequency to next unworked station higher in
                frequency, place in S&P mode, and put call in window.

Ctrl-up     --  same as Ctrl-right except next unworked multiplier.

Ctrl-left   --  same as Ctrl-right except lower in frequency.

Ctrl-down   --  same as Ctrl-up except lower in frequency.

I think this would be incredibly useful for mult stations,
particularly M/S, SO2R, especially double S&P, and S&P in a contest
with long exchanges

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:43:18 EST, you wrote:

>Tree,
>
>I'd like to reiterate my request to have the band map create a seperate column for "stations mapped but not worked".  You could then PgDn to each station that you need without having to sort through the whole list.  Additionally, these stations could be highlighted with a different color.
>
>Thanks, Paul KB8N

--.  .-..
73, Guy

Guy Olinger, K2AV