[TRLog] Can't abort CW immediately w/ Esc

R. Torsten Clay torsten@mephisto.physics.uiuc.edu
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:45:26 -0600 (CST)

> Sometimes I want to just say "TU" or maybe "TU KA9FOX".  In the past, I
> could just hit ESC anywhere during my QSL Message to accomplish this, but
> in NAQP CW I always got the next letter after hitting ESC.  So, if I hit it
> right after sending TU, I always got "TU K". I believe I am using the
> latest version that was e-mailed out to the list.

I do the same thing, and see the same delay (it's been there for quite a
while, don't remember what version it started at). I'm using a 266Mhz MMX
and W95 booted in DOS mode. I don't think it's a function of log size, I
worked only 200 q's in the NAQP and it was there the whole time.

There's also a slight delay of similar length between pushing a function
key and the CW starting to send.

Tor