[TRLog] W9XT Voice Keyer anyone?

Mike Fatchett mike@mallardcove.com
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:05:13 -0700

I have the same card.  As far as I know you can't record from inside the
program.  I have a separate record switch hooked up to the XT card.  If I
remember right you either hold the record button down and hit the function
key that you want to hold the message or the reverse.

Mike
W0MU

PS Good luck to all.  I might be on for a few contacts.  Wife and I are
heading to Cozumel for a week of Scuba diving tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-trlog@contesting.com [mailto:owner-trlog@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Scott Neader KA9FOX
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 1999 8:57 AM
To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [TRLog] W9XT Voice Keyer anyone?

Well, 2 hours before the contest... got my W9XT voice keyer wired up and
ready to rock.  Except the manual is pretty weak on how one goes about
recording messages from within the program.  The W9XT DVRC program works,
so I know it CAN record messages, but I just don't understand how TR does
it from within the program (but it sure is a neat concept that it can!!)

Anybody give me a step-by-step on how to do it?  I must be doing something
wrong!

ALT-P to program
Press F1 to program the message for F1

Then what???  How do I start it recording and how do I stop it?

On screen it says ALT-W to write it and ALT-R to playback.  But I don't
understand when to use the write command and the playback one doesn't do
anything.

Help?

- Scott KA9FOX
INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and hosting
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / KA9FOX@QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601   / ICQ 12151451
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com/Classifieds
KA9FOX Contesting & DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Internet Solutions Home Page:   http://www.QTH.com/is