[TRLog] Re: W9XT Voice Keyer anyone?

w9wi w9wi@bellsouth.net
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:11:47 -0600

> From: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@QTH.com>
>
> Anybody give me a step-by-step on how to do it?  I must be doing something
> wrong!

I realize this is too late for the NAQP<g> but...

Alt-P to get into messages, then C/E/O for CQ/Exchange/Other messages.

Press the F-key/other message you want to program.  The message "Msg =
DVK1" appears on the bottom line of the screen, followed by the cursor.
With the W9XT card, you have four messages DVK1/DVK2/DVK3/DVK4.  You can
change which memory you want to assign to which TRLog message, simply by
backspacing out the number and typing the new one.  Once you've selected
which message you want, do NOT press Enter.

Get ready to talk and press alt-W.  Immediately begin speaking.  When
done, immediately press Escape.  It will *not* key the radio while
recording.

To play your message, press alt-R.  This, of course, will key the radio.

W0MU's scheme also works & may (or may not depending on where your
record switch is located!) be faster for recording during the contest.

73 Doug
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66