[TRLog] Minor CW Problem

lrod@pobox.com lrod@pobox.com
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:19:59 +0000

Scott Mentzer wrote:

> > I just started using TR and really like it.  I noticed, however, that when I send
> > a CW exchange the first character of code briefly "hangs" for a second  before the
> > message is completed.  This also happens in the simulator. This does not  happen
> > when I send the initial CQ or when I am sending CW manually from  the
> > keyboard. I'm using a 486 so speed shouldn't be an issue.
> >
> > It's a minor problem, but it is noticeable.  Any suggestions?

And Tree replied:

> Is this something you are hearing on the computer speaker, or on
> actual CW being sent by your rig?  If it is just the speaker, you
> might be hearing a dupe tone if working a dupe.

This is a description precisely matching what I experience on my 486 laptop
that I described last month. If it is the same problem, it is not only on the
speaker but it is keyed as well.

I will be interested in a solution, if one is found.

A reminder; 486 (can't remember the speed; shouldn't matter much), Win95, both
DOS window and boot-to-DOS, speaker and keyer output exhibit same anomaly.

73, Rod K4QG     |  It's pronounced