[TRLog] Need help with Keying/PTT/Paddle interface

Don Moman ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:53:41 -0700 (MST)

Yes. Have built about 10 boxes for here and for other locals, my first
effort would only key on *some* of the computers, so changed to a
darlington (MPSA13 if I recall correctly). I also do not use the strobe
connection but ground the emitter. This has the side effect of keying the
radio while booting, as Tree mentioned, but it hasn't been a problem.
This combination has worked flawlessly on a wide variety of rigs and
computers, for several years now.

73 Don VE6JY