[TRLog] Hangs and other weird behavior

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 07:36:32 -0700 (PDT)

I finally have some time to start thinking about some of the unstable
operation that some of you have been reporting.  I have been able to
reproduce one hang here and believe I have cured it.

It occurred when the TRMASTER operation decided memory was getting
too low to continue operation.  It would then disable itself so
you would have more memory to continue the contest with.  This
feature was broken starting with version 6.41.  It would probably
result in a hang while logging a QSO.  The QSO would show up in the
editable log, but not erase from the call window.  It is possible
that you might get a Runtime error 204 printed out somewhere.

I am not sure that this explains the behavior that all of you have
been seeing.  I am continuing to dig for other possible problems
and will put out a release when I feel I have found everything I
can.

73 Tree