[TRLog] Summary for Points re-calculation

Tack Kumagai je1cka@nal.go.jp
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:21:10 +0900

Thanks George & Tree

In message "Re: [TRLog] Points re-calculation"
    on 99/06/02, n6tr@teleport.com <n6tr@teleport.com> writes:

: 1. Rename the LOG.DAT file to something else (say OLD.DAT).
: 2. Type TR READ OLD.DAT.
:
: The contest will be "reworked".  Make sure CW TONE is set to zero.

I suggested this to the guy and I did for myself.
Here is the summary how to REWORK(not exactly re-calculate the score) the
Log data.

1. Copy the original LogData to another directry for safe.

2. Rename the LOG.DAT file to something else

3. Change the config file settings
   Should comment out the Radio contol and Packet Port configulation
   with ";" at top of the commands

AUTO DUPE ENABLE CQ = FALSE
CODE SPEED = 99
UPDATE RESTART FILE ENABLE = FALSE
POSSIBLE CALLS = FALSE

4 Execute the command on the DOS prompt
TR READ LogDataFile

TR reads each QSO from the renamed file one by one and save the data to
the file described filename in the logcfg.dat.
This means that there are a lots of disk access(maybe twice of QSOs),
so this might be done on the RAM disk. (safe for disk and speedup)
My 1200+ logged WPX data was processed in about 40min.
	---------
	Tack Kumagai JE1CKA/KH0AM
	Internet: je1cka@jzap.com
	http://jzap.com/je1cka/