[TRLog] Floppy save problem

Clive Whelan Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:20:30 -0400

Hi

Today while working a UA9 in the AA contest, and sending a fill via the
paddle ( LPT interface) I suddenly experienced the Tx going solid key down,
which really threw me!

Fortunately before I had time to realise what was happening, it freed up,
and I was able to complete the sending.

However i then noted that the computer had frozen, with the displayed
message that a floppy file save had been executed.The  QSO did seem to have
been logged.

The only escape route was to Ctrl-Alt-Del which made me verrry nervous.
However on restart everything seemed to be OK. I have never had that
problem before, but have always used serial port keying previously, having
replaced it with parallel port, and paddle port interface for this event..

What might be going on here I wonder?

73

Clive
Written Sun, 20 Jun 1999 18:12