[TRLog] RE:Packet Problems, Voice Keyer i/f

John Langdon jlangdon@outer.net
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:28:25 -0600

OK sage ones, tyro needs help.

I am trying to get packet running for ARRL DX SSB.  TR (6.35) worked great
in CW test, but did not have packet radio then.  TNC and 2m radio work fine
via two different terminal programs (9600-8-N-1-N), but when I do a ctrlB
in TR I just get = characters running across the screen and no spots. TR
talks to the HF rig just fine.  I think I have the packet parameters set up
okay:

PACKET PORT = SERIAL 3  (same one the terminal programs work with)
EIGHT BIT PACKET = TRUE
PACKET  BAUD RATE = 9600 (page 39 of manual says up to 9600, page 69 says
4800.  Am I doomed?)
PACKET BEEP = TRUE

Anybody already experienced this and know what is wrong?  Or can suggest
something else to try?

Also, is anyone using the W2IHY voice keyer with TR and how did you
interface it?  I am about to start cobbling up 2N222 and resistors.

73 John N5CQ