[TRLog] ESC key blues

Jon, W4ZW w4zw@home.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:53:51 -0500

> ...having S&P mode as the basic mode (i. e. swapping everything
> so that ESC in empty window takes you from CQ mode to S&P mode!) would
> do it also. What about
> LITTLE PISTOL MODE ENABLE = TRUE

Second the motion.

73 de AL7L
Pat Moore
Great Falls, MT

All in favor:   I vote Aye!

After using TR to the point that I feel fairly competent with it, my
original suggestion still stands.  ESC changing the mode just doesn't seem
logical, especially about 2:30AM when your mind is on auto-pilot.  I still
bust exchanges by sending a CQ.  I've learned some of the little tricks to
get the Function keys to do my bidding, but I still screw it up about 3% of
the time.  I hope  my logging error rate is better than that!  TAB and
Shift-TAB make more sense.

Or how about a "OLD CT OPERATOR=TRUE".

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"