[TRLog] Newbie Questions

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 21:16:26 -0700 (PDT)

> I cannot start a contest in DOS by the method in the manual (p.25).  =
> This seems to be because the install disk did not put some kind of path =
> statement in AUTOEXECBAT as it said it would do.  What exactly should I =
> type into the AUTOEXECBAT file, and does it matter where in the file it =
> goes?

You should add the directory the TR.EXE file is in - to the path
statement in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.

> The program is copying the dx cluster, but all I get is gibberish.  I =
> dont know why.  The TNC is in the Terminal Mode, and works fine with my =
> other TNC programs and contest logging programs.  Also, there does not =
> seem to be any such statement as EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT =3D TRUE/FALSE in =
> the LOGCFG.DAT choices as shown on p58.  I dont know if that would have =
> anything to do with it.  The communication rate with the TNC is said to =
> be 2400 baud, however the port speed is usually 9600 baud in other =
> programs.  Could this be the problem?

The TNC should sync up to whatever speed is coming at it.  Try a power
cycle on the TNC.  There is the EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT command even if
it is not in the manual.

> I set up the Texas QSO Party as a test contest.  I can see a bunch of =
> counties on the screen as mults.  However, these start with the letter =
> "S" and proceed through "Z".  Where is "A" through "R"?  How do I get =
> these up on the screen?

There isn't room for them all.  Work some and they will show up.

Tree