[TRLog] Changing speed in CW messages

Huml Martin OL5Y@contesting.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 11:39:15 +0200

I found, some time ago, one annoying feature pertinent to changing speed during CW message.
If is some part going different speed in message and PgUp/PgDn is pressed, then speed of CW is confused.
For instance:
* message is KA1ABC UR 5NN 234, UR 5NN is in faster speed
* actual speed is 35WPM
* UR 5NN is playing (e.g. 42WPM, actual plus 7WPM) and PgDn is pressed (I want to slow down)
* and now the problem - the speed is immediately changed to 32 WPM (actual minus 3WPM) and next to 5NN the speed is changed again to 25WPM (32 minus 7)
So at end the speed is 25 WPM instead of required 32 WPM.

I hope it?s comprehensible.
(SRI for poor English)

Martin Huml
OK1FUA, OL5Y or IH9/OL5Y in the contests
OL5Y@contesting.com
Contest Team Pantelleria - IH9P - CQWW DX SSB MULTI/MULTI
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/eudora/126/ih9p.html