[TRLog] Icom cv-17 support

KL7RA Fairbanks Alaska kl7ra@icefog.gcgo.nasa.gov
Thu, 27 May 99 04:32:26 utc

Fellow TrLoggers and loggeretts:

I'm sure I have seen this issue discussed before, but I was unable
to find it in the archives.

I have the Icom cv-17 (ripoff) converter with multiple ports. Using
different receiver addresses I would assume I could use it for two
radios from one serial port. TrLog complains when I do that.

Does anyone remember the reason you have to use one serial port per
radio. I think they are polled by TrLog which seems to me one
serial port would support any number of radios with different
addresses.

Not a big problem as I use a homebrewed ($20) converter for the
second radio anyway, but was thinking of recovering some of my
money from that cv-17 (ripoff) by having it run two radios.

Rich  KL7RA