[TRLog] Can't Resist

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 01:53:18 -0500

DOS still works fine in the 21st century. All my old machines can be set to 2001
etc, and the later DOS versions run OK. It's a lot of bios that are going to
crash Y2K, not the DOS.

Windows is so slow that it takes a rip-snorter Pentium to make it play.

Embedding an editor in TR that can go back in the log, and then rescan to redo
the mults, etc, is NOT just a little jog in the park. The gee-whiz bang real
time details in TR are what like the speedy mean and lean DOS, so they run quick

Finally, my 400 MHz motherboards can run TR in a Windows DOS box without slowing
down or jerkifying sent CW. On speedy lil DOS, it works clean on the slowest
thing in the house.

Bill Gates is NOT my favorite person.

- - . . .   . . . - -     .   . . .     - - .   . - . .

73, Guy
k2av@contesting.com
Apex, NC, USA

----- Original Message -----
From: Ralph <kd4gw@directcon.net>
To: TR Log <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 12:10 AM
Subject: [TRLog] Can't Resist

Well I too am a life member and love the program with what ever faults.
I would also like to correct errors without waiting until after the
contest.
The real reason for this bitch is......Hey DOS is nearly dead how about
a windows
program.  I know this is sensitive to old computer users BUT in a short
time
DOS will NOT work.  What is to be done then.  I still love you Tree, but
it is time to get this program into the 21st century.

Ralph
KD4GW

Feature Wishlist:   http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html