[TRLog] Very Pleased

charlieo@tellabs.com charlieo@tellabs.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:11:10 -0600 (CST)

Gilbert writes:

> I use an editor called PE2 that was written WAY back when the PC first came
> out in 92. Notepad works fine too.
> One nice thing about notepad is that you can drag the log file to open it.
> You can't leave it open as you will goof up the file. You don't won't to
> back level as you could.

I'm trying to stay out of this thread as much as possible, but I feel compelled
to point out that simply editing the log.dat file with an external text editor
in one window and TR running in another window *won't* change the mult status or
other information in TR.  This info is stored in the restart.bin file, and
unless you *exit* TR, edit the log.dat file, and restart TR (making sure that
the logcfg.dat switch that allows TR to read the log.dat file instead of the
restart.bin file, forget the switch name...), you'll find yourself back where
you started.

Vy 73, and hope to put ALL of you in my TR generated logfile this weekend!!

Charlie  N9CO