[TRLog] Resolution of "stumped"

Scott Robbins srobbins@usit.net
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:10:51 -0500 (EST)

Well...I think this turned out to be a problem with my computer.
After I turned it off for the night and came back the next day
it has been behaving itself and 6.44 has been running with no
quirks noted.  My computer (a wheezing 486 AT&T laptop) has a
checkered service history anyway....so I am not surprised.

Listen for my puny 5 watts amplified by stacked monobanders this
weekend in the CW SS...

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Date: 2 Nov 1999 06:14:48 -0000
From: n6tr@teleport.com
Subject: Re: [TRLog] 6.44 SS CW - stumped?

> This is a weird one - I have my config file set up for SS CW for two
> radio mode and it's acting a little weird using Alt-D.  I've put my
> LOGCFG file at the bottom.  Version 6.44.
>
> Radio 1 is CQing.  I enter a call with Alt-D for the second radio,
> and it appears in the upper right corner.  Hit the space bar to
> send my callsign on radio 2.  It does, stopping the CQ on radio 1.
> TR stays stuck on radio 2 and then does not switch to S&P mode, nor
> does it return to radio 1 and resume the CQing after my call is sent.
> The keyboard locks up, no input accepted.  If I press ESC, then the
> action "completes" - the S&P window comes up with the call of the
> station I "Alt-Ded", the rig resumes CQing on radio 1 (like it is
> supposed to).
>
> Also, If I have just worked a station with Alt-D, I cannot use the
> Alt-D command again consecutively to work another station.  I have
> to press ESC, then use the Alt-D command again.
>
> For some reason, I have to press ESC to complete the sequence, when
> it should be self-completing.  Am I crazy or what?  Anything I'm
> doing wrong in config file?  It's the same one I've used for the 97
> and 98 SS contests with the earlier versions.

The config file seems okay.  I have been unable to reproduce any
of the strange symptoms with either 6.44 or 6.45.  I suggest the
following actions:

1. Delete your restart file (.RST) and try again.
2. Try a fresh copy of the program.

Tree
       This is the e-mail address of Scott and Mary Robbins.
        Visit the TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP at <www.k4ro.net>
"Loopy loopy lazy lightning, I must admit you're kinda frightening"
                                               - Grateful Dead
The views expressed above do not represent the view of my employer.