[TRLog] TS-950 Serial Interface

Ed Himwich/Letitia Carlson wehlgc@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:25:45 -0500

Hi Rich,

-----Original Message-----
From: kl7ra <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
To: trlog@contesting.com <trlog@contesting.com>
Date: Monday, November 08, 1999 9:09 PM
Subject: RE:[TRLog] TS-950 Serial Interface

>After you verify that TRLog isn't locking the radio to a mode try a
>microprocessor reset on the 950.

Nice try but no cigar.  After the reset it still fails.

I also verified that Multiple Modes = TRUE. I also tried starting over in
new directory and setting TR up from scratch. No better.

I can make it change states when I send the mode change commands manually in
Hyperterm. It is only in TR that they fail.

It looks to me like it might be a timing problem. The theory would be that
the microprocessor is in a busy state (presumably caused *somehow* by the 1
Hz polling) when the Alt-M mode setting command goes out. Why doesn't anyone
else see this? I don't know; that ruins my theory. Maybe the timing of
commands depends on the processor speed of the computer that TR is running
on and mine just happens to hit the bad spot. That is pretty far fetched I
admit. Other ideas are welcome.

73, Ed N3HXQ