[TRLog] \ON and \OFF

Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS w2cs@ipass.net
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:01:43 -0500

Has anyone had the problem I ran into in the middle of SS this weekend
where you're taking a break and you enter \OFF (or the \ON at the end)
and the program starts sending "on" or "off" as appropriate to the
command?

My brain  was only *mostly*  dead at the time (with apologies to
Princess Bride).  This started happening well into Sunday sometime.
It had worked just fine very late Sunday night when I took my first
break.  I was afraid to do too much futzing around with it, so I just
did a note and noted the times and patched it up after the contest.

I recall trying to enter the command in the call window both in CQ
mode and S&P mode with the same result:  It ignored the backslash and
started sending.  It obviously also did not execute the command in
case that wasn't clear.  I must have done something wrong, but have no
idea what!

73,

Gary W2CS