[TRLog] QSO number synchronization problem using networked PCs

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:33:33 +0500

>What was more troubling was that the two computers got out of sync at some
>point, which seemed to occur when a QSO logged on one of the computers
>wasn't recorded by the other one.  I don't know exactly how it happened,
but
>all of a sudden our A station showed #940 and our B station showed #941 for
>the next QSO.  We tried inserting a bogus QSO on the A station to sync them
>(it incremented both serial numbers).  We also quit and restarted TR on the
>B station without resolving the problem.  If we didn't deal with this
>problem, we'd end up skipping a QSO number and duplicating the next number
>every time the B station made a contact.
>
>Has anybody else experienced this?  Is there a way of getting the logs
>resynchronized?  We were afraid we'd lose something if we temporarily quit
>out of TR on the A station.  The same thing happened during CQ WW, but
>wasn't so big a deal since QSO number isn't part of the exchange.

Yes.
We use to deal with this problem pretty often. What we do is shut down TR
and copy the correct log.dat to all the computers.  I was proposing earlier
that it can be done using the TR network pretty much like the time gets in
synchro by Alt.T command.  I think if Tree would implement that in some of
the next versions that will be a good way out.

73, Igor, UA9CDC