[TRLog] "Feature" request

George Fremin III geoiii@kkn.net
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 08:46:38 -0800 (PST)

Dave - K0RX writes:

> Tree:
>   There is one "feature" that I would like to request.  When I'm running
> TR with packet on at home for general qso operation, it is possible to make
> spots by hitting the ` key with either a just-logged callsign or a callsign
> in the active call window.  I'd like to see a mechanism to disable this.
> Unfortunately, the ` key and the <ESC> key are very close together on most
> keyboards.  I don't usually look to hit the <ESC> key, but just bang away.
> Sometimes I accidentally hit the ` key, and make an inadvertant spot.  Seems
> like adding a disable mechanism for this should be relatively easy.

One way to fix this - is to turn on this command in
the control-J menu.

PACKET SPOT EDIT ENABLE = TRUE

This will give you a chance to edit the spot - a good thing
for general QSOs anyway - but if you dont want to spot it you just hit
escape.  This it gives you a chance to confirm the spot before
it goes out.

Works for me.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Johnson City, TX             It's cuttin' through the air.... "