[TRLog] Two radio feature

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
17 Nov 1999 06:16:27 -0000

K5GN suggested:

> 2.  After completing an Alt-D QSO, the computer is all set to send a CQ
> on the run radio.  This is not appropriate if the "dummy" CQ sent while
> receiving the Alt-D QSO exchange got an answer.  May I suggest that the
> program check to see if there are characters entered in the callsign
> window; if the call window is not empty then don't send the CQ, merely
> return to CQ Mode on the run radio and begin processing the contents of
> the callsign window, as usual.

Well, this did require some thought - about as long as it took me
to go downstairs and finish the dishes.  If you have an answer to
the "dummy" CQ, you can now enter the call.  The characters will
be echoed into the call window.  This feature is only enabled if
you used the CARRIAGE RETURN to initiate sending the exchange to
the station on the second radio and therefore have a blank call
window to work with.

Gee - I can't wait until the next CW contest to play with this one!

Tree