[TRLog] Cursor delay

nsacon neal@sacon.net
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:43:45 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0114_01BF3511.20319620

I was bothered by a delay in moving from the call window to the exchange =
window in either CQ or S&P mode this weekend. After entering the =
callsign in the call window and hitting enter, the cursor would delay =
for about the same amount of time it takes for the returning station to =
give the introductory exchange phrase "N7RX, please copy my number". It =
was more troublesome in S&P mode than CQ mode, since I could hit enter =
while giving the calling station my information in CQ mode and I'd have =
the exchange window by the time was done. In S&P mode, I had sometimes =
had to write to my brain buffer until I got control of the exchange =
window.=20

I never noticed this before. I did switch to a new computer (Thinkpad =
600E) for SS and ran TR in MS-DOS re-boot mode because TR would not work =
as a Win95 DOS window (but that's another story). I'm not writing to a =
floppy or using TR to control a contest card. I did have it set up to =
key the xmtr for CW SS for the first time and the only thing I can think =
of is that I altered by config file in a way I'd never done before when =
I set-up for parallel port keying. Otherwise, I'm using only the plain =
vanilla logging features - no packet, no multiple radios, no radio =
control or etc.

Is this delay normal? Can anybody think of why its happening and what I =
can do to stop it? Oh yeah, its v. 6.45.=20

TNX in advance
73
Neal N7RX

------=_NextPart_000_0114_01BF3511.20319620

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I was bothered by a delay in moving from the call =
window to=20
the exchange window in either CQ or S&amp;P mode this weekend. After =
entering=20
the callsign in the call window and hitting enter, the cursor would =
delay for=20
about the same amount of time it takes for the returning station to give =
the=20
introductory exchange phrase "N7RX, please copy my number". It was more=20
troublesome in S&amp;P mode than CQ mode, since I could hit enter while =
giving=20
the calling station my information in CQ mode and I'd have the exchange =
window=20
by the time was done. In S&amp;P mode, I had sometimes had to write to =
my brain=20
buffer until I got control of&nbsp;the exchange window. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I never noticed this before. I did switch to a new computer =
(Thinkpad 600E)=20
for SS and ran TR in MS-DOS re-boot mode because TR would not work as a =
Win95=20
DOS window (but that's another story). I'm not writing to a floppy or =
using TR=20
to control a contest card. I did have it set up to key the xmtr for CW =
SS for=20
the first time and the only thing I can think of is that I altered by =
config=20
file in a way I'd never done before when I set-up for parallel port =
keying.=20
Otherwise, I'm using only the plain vanilla logging features - no =
packet, no=20
multiple radios, no radio control or etc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is this delay normal? Can anybody think of why its happening and =
what I can=20
do to stop it? Oh yeah, its v. 6.45. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>TNX in advance</DIV>
<DIV>73</DIV>