RV: [TRLog] TR Log - Version 6.46 release notes

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:27:10 -0600

On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 01:29:29PM -0300, Arturo Gargarella - LU6ETB wrote:

> Hi Tree.
>
>  I tried it, but I was not able to make it run.
>  I recieve a message : INVALID STATEMENT IN CONFIG FILE
>  The .cfg file is as follows
>  MY CALL = LU6ETB
>  CONTEST = CQ WW
>  DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
>  KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 2
>  PADDLE PORT = 2
>  RADIO ONE TYPE = TS850S
>  RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 2
>  PACKETINPUTFILE = aug.pkt
>
>  I Have tried also with
>  PACKET INPUT FILE
>  PACKET INPUT FILENAME
>
>  And I receive allways the same message
>
>  What am I doing wrong. ?
>
>  73 de Arturo, LU6ETB
>

>  >  - Added PACKETINPUTFILE startup command.  Next parameter is filename
> > >    of ASCII file to process.  Spots will be loaded in from the file
> > >    two per second.  They will be passed around to the network just as
> > >    if they were received from a TNC.  There is also a file PACKET.ZIP
> > >    included with the program with one month's worth of data to play
> > >    with.  The format for the file is the same as the generated when
> > >    using the PACKET LOG FILENAME command.

PACKETINPUTFILE is not a LOGCFG.DAT entry.  It is a parameter to the
TR executable invocation.  For example, from the DOS command prompt, you
might normally type:

C:\LOG\CONTESTS\99CQWWCW > TR

What Tree's done is let you type:

C:\LOG\CONTESTS\99CQWWCW > TR PACKETINPUTFILE PACKET.LOG

where PACKET.LOG is a file filled with packet spots.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page