[TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V2 #291

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
30 Nov 1999 06:57:01 -0000

> In my case, I do have SMARTDRV running and yes, with the C+ parameter.
> I was only using 30 FILES and BUFFERS but increased to 128 and 40 with
> no effect.  TRMASTER.DTA is just short of 1MB.  I have not tried it with
> this disabled.
>
> In my case, the most reliable way to demonstrate the situation is to
> enter S&P mode.  Put a call in the call window, and hit Enter.  It sends
> your call & stuffs his zone in the exchange window.  Now, hit Enter
> again, then immediately hit Escape.  In my case, it will send most of my
> S&P exchange before aborting in the middle of my zone.

This would be expected.  After the CW message is initiated, the
program logs the contact - which will involve lots of hard drive
activity.  However, with SMARTDRV running - this shouldn't be very
long.  I don't think there could be any database activity at this
point.  1MB isn't that big - my file here is 5MB.

I am not sure what the C+ option does.  When I run smartdrv, I
just execute a command like this:

smartdrv 14000

The 14000 sets aside 14 meg.  Any number higher than that seems to result
in strange behavior and program crashes.

Tree