[TRLog] POST problems

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:40:46 +0000

Tree asked about my POST problems:

>Does UEA crash?  There is almost no difference between UEZ and UEA from
>a crash perspective.  Same for UEG.  Also, please explain the crash.
>Exactly when does it happen - are there any error messages displayed?

If I build with 6.43, UEZ results in a run-time error 201 at 01AD:B689 at
cell JA.  UEA hangs there too, same error at 01AD:5965.  Ditto for UEG, at
01AD:06F5.

If I build with 6.42, UEZ/UEA/UEG work fine in 6.42, but if I use that .DTA
file with 6.43, UEZ/UEA/UEG bomb as described above.

>Concerning non TR logs with UEFF, there was a bug that NS0B reported
>that I have found.  With the addition of the ability to process more
>than one data item per UEFF pass - there was no way to get out of the
>loop if you were entering 0 for no data field.  Is this what you mean
>by not working or were you entering some data and going beyond that?

Nope.  With 6.43 I try to UEFF AD1C's recent compilation & that's just a
call at position 1.

>I have a database here with 88K calls in it - 37K names and a bunch
>of other data and I can't make it crash.  Either on a 486DX66 running
>DOS, or a Pentium-II with Windows-98.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is another one of those it-happens-for-me-
but-nobody-else things.  Last night I put together my 55k call data file,
Jim's file, a 100k call file from somewhere else, two vanity call conversion
files & then removed single hits - I have to use 6.40 or earlier to do so.

>Did you already send me your .DTA file?  I am not sure I have it.

Don't think so - I think that was one of those big .DTA files to try fixing
merging.  I'll send the file separately in a moment - I have looked for
something obviously wrong in the ASCII file but see nothing & I would sorta
expect that something bad in there wouldn't trip only some versions of POST.

73, VR2BrettGraham